Santa Barbara County Birding firstname.lastname@example.orgSBCOBIRDING is a discussion group devoted to sharing information about the birds of Santa Barbara County, CA. This includes the nearshore ocean waters and the Channel Islands within the county area. Topics may include daily trip reports, rare bird sightings, early and late migration dates, status and distribution, and ID issues. Brief announcements of upcoming meetings, hikes, and pelagic trips are also permitted. To learn more about local birding - where to go, find bird lists, county listing stats, and breeding bird data - visit the sbcobirding website link in the Group Information section.
RULES FOR POSTING:
IMPORTANT - Please read and follow the HERE to participate unmoderated in this group
- SIGNATURE - Please provide your name and location at the end of every post
- Discuss only the birds of Santa Barbara County
- All messages must have an appropriate Subject in your message title
- If joining for the first time look for a follow-up message that you must reply-to before your subscription is activated. Please check your junk email or spam folder if you have not received this message
- Use photo attachments only for rarities or difficult ID challenges that you need help with. All other images will be removed
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.