Immature Mute Swan at Carpinteria Salt Marsh

John Callender

Late yesterday afternoon I saw an immature Mute Swan swimming in the Franklin Creek
channel at the Carpinteria Salt Marsh. It was acting very tame, swimming under the new
Franklin Creek footbridge at a time when my son and I were standing on it watching the bird,
and then spending the 10 minutes or so that we stood watching it tipping up to feed on
aquatic plants (it looked like) only a short distance away from us.

I took some (low quality) images with my phone; they're viewable at the following address:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johncallender/

--
John Callender
@jbc