Re: Prothonotary Warbler

Kathleen L. Whitney <kwhit@...>

Dave Compton and I saw the Prothonotary Warbler again this morning at El
Capitan, this time it was west of the amphitheater with a small warbler
flock. It appears to be a female. We also found a Rose-breasted Grosbeak
- this one was just east of the amphitheater. The Tennessee Warbler did
not make an appearance but it remains very birdy there, especially around
the campground - lots of warblers, Yellow, Wilson's, Townsend's, and a
Black-throated Grey and other migrants as well (Western Wood Pewees and
Tanagers etc.) altogether worth the drive!

At 19:51 15.9.1999 -0700, you wrote:

Rebecca Coulter and I saw the Prothonotary Warbler at El Capitan Beach
State Park Wednesday afternoon. The bird was in a large, mixed warbler
flock near campsite 12.

Guy Tingos
Santa Barbara, CA
gtingos@...