Elings Sparrows

Marge and Don Thornton

Responding to Noah's post, we went down to Elings Park about 1:30 and ran into Nina Bliss who was looking for the Clay-colored Sparrow. We were shortly joined by Don and Diana Rickey. We soon found at least two, there may have been three sparrows foraging together in the fennel.
At the time it seemed very straight-forward, the darker birds were the chipping sparrows and the lighter bird was the clay colored. I have posted some photos on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dd_thornton/sets/72157622343867019/
It would be nice if we were right about the clay-colored.

Don & Marge Thornton
Goleta