Brewer's and Clau-colored Sparrows at the Laguna Creek Outflow

Marge and Don Thornton

In response to Joan's post, we went down to the Laguna Creek outflow and spent about 30 minutes trying to photograph the two sparrows that we found there. I have posted a few of the photos on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dd_thornton/sets/72157622353078111/
As nearly as we could tell Joan was right about Brewer's and Clay-colored.
One of the views was a little disconcerting as it appeared that the bird had dark lores, but that was the only view, so maybe the dark spot was light play on ruffled feathers. We were pretty sure that there were only two birds.

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta, Ca