EasternKingbirdAgain

Marge and Don Thornton

After a very disappointing day yesterday we tried again at the bird refuge. We spent about two hours along the bike path watching both islands from the south side. We joined Andy from Orange County watching Western Kingbirds, mostly in a group. At times there were 6 Kingbirds in one area. We also saw a male Wood Duck, a Forester's Tern, 3 Black Skimmers, some Northern Shovelers, and a Belted Kingfisher; but no Eastern Kingbird.
After a snack break, we returned and by about 11:30 were finally rewarded with a view of the Eastern Kingbird on the east side of the eastern island.

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta