Re: Mystery Swift

lbvireo <lbviman@...>

"Cigar with wings" was description of Chimney Swift when I learned about birds, but I cannot say if that does not also apply to Vaux's. Definitely not Black or White-throated - Jim Greaves

--- In sbcobirding@..., "Noah" <skater_ako1@...> wrote:

10/3/10

I have uploaded some swift shots from this afternoon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p2afgB11PmBWu4aEgnIafg?feat=directlink

There was a(nother) Tropical Kingbird at LLC (along the E side of the lake). Also, Yellow-rumped Warblers were abundant in the lerpy eucs at the parking lot and E side of the lake. All three imm COOPER's HAWKs were flying together, 2 WHITE-TAILED KITE were on the island and a PEREGRINE blasted through the parking lot.

Noah Gaines
Santa Barbara, CA