Sunday birds

Nick Lethaby

All:

On Sunday, while walking my son, I checked out the Goleta Slough area and
the flooded field immediately W of Los Carneros (S of Hollister). The
Eurasian Teal was on the slough pond just NE of the Mesa/Los Carneros
junction. The flooded fields had a Snow and 2 Ross's Geese (imm and ad) and
lots of ducks including most of the 71 Cinnamon Teal I counted in the whole
area and 26 Greater Yellowlegs. There were plenty of ducks still in the area
N of Mesa further east, including 18 Redheads, 15 Ring-necked Ducks, and 4
Lesser Scaup.

I later verified that the 2 Ross's Geese there were different to those on
Los Carneros Rd.

A quick check of Goleta Beach found a 1Y Thayer's Gull on the slough mouth.
At the East beach/harbor area, I found a 1W Herring, 1Y Glaucous-winged
Gull, 40 Black Skimmers, and 2 Avocets.

Nick Lethaby
DSP/BIOS Product Manager
Texas Instruments