WhiteGull Again

Marge and Don Thornton

After Nancy's post we went looking for the Bonaparte's Gull, but were not successful. However, the White Gull was still at his post and since he was not being crowded we had a fair shot at his legs which were pretty convincingly pink. His neighboring gull, of unknown species, was standing on one mostly grey, maybe slightly yellowish leg. The photo is :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dd_thornton/8532836984/

We made a somewhat later trip to COP looking for Justin's Ruddy Turnstone, but the tide had turned and there was not enough feeding rocks for any Turnstones. We did see a flock of about 20 Marbled Godwits feeding industriously on the flat near the Jailhouse.

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta,Ca