Non-birding day trip

David Levasheff

Yesterday I took a non-birding trip up East Camino Ceilo to Caliente Hot Springs. Very nice day back there with water flowing in most apron corssings. Mostly Juncos and Turkey Vultures that I saw from the auto.  Stopped at La Cumbre Peak and found a Rufous-crowned Sparrow at the southern overlook where the picnic table used to be. A big MAYBE on Pygmy Nuthatch. Heard call responses to tape on north side of road.

When I got home I found my re-activated and improved Hummingbird feeding stations in need of a refill.  Many Rufous Hummers and others, but my surprise was a very nice male Costa's protecting one feeder.

David