Summer Tanager present this AM. Jeff, Adrian &ingot good looks and pics.

David Levasheff
Via iPhone

On Mar 2, 2015, at 14:50, Libby Patten libby_patten@... [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply@...> wrote:

---- Begin Forwarded Message ----
From: Libby Pattenlibby_patten@...'>
Date: Mar 2, 2015, 2:48:47 PM
To: SBCOBirding Groupsbcobirding@...'>
Subject: Male Summer Tanager - Ennisbrook Trail (Montecito) this morning
Went for what I thought would be an uneventful walk on Ennisbrook Nature Trail this morning. Was excited to hear the pitick call of a male Summer Tanager just minutes before it started to rain (about 11 am). At first I wasn't sure what I was hearing and then saw a bright red bird fly through the trees. Luckily it came back and spent a long time perched on either side of the trail and I got great long looks at this beauty. Brilliant red all over and a large light-colored bill. This is definitely the best look I've ever had, but unfortunately didn't have my camera. I plan to go back and try to photograph him soon. If you take the main portion of the trail until it comes to a fork with a sign, take the right fork which immediately goes down hill and crosses a narrow creek bed. Walk for a few minutes until you come to a slight clearing with a large Sycamore on the right. This is just before the trail curves back to the left to join the main straight part of the trail.

Also saw a Varied Thrush on the lower part of the trail and as well as heard many of the more common birds singing up a storm.

Libby Patten