Yard Hummers

David Levasheff

Thursday evening the wife said we better get more feeders out, so I did.

Friday was an amazing day. I had one Costa's which carefully guarded our Japanese Maple tree chasing off any and all intruders. At least two Calliope, many Black-chinned and lots of Rufous and Allen's. Anna's were present but kind of kept their distance.  The whole day the hummers were swarming the feeders and trying to be territorial about it. By the morning the feeders were empty.

Today is much calmer, but the Costa's and Calliope are still present as are some of the other species, but activity is down 75% from yesterday.

David Levasheff