Scaly-breasted Munia

Jake Broad

Hi all,

I'm new to this group and this is my first post. I found this group while trying to identify a bird I observed twice during this past week. I was going to ask for help identifying it because I could not find it in the two field guides I use. I have since identified it as a Scaly-breasted Munia.

There is a feral flock of Scaly-breasted Munia living in Santa Barbara. I've seen about 14 of them. You can check out the photos I've take here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/californiajbroad/albums/72157666398417364

Observed on 5/23 and 5/26

I've seen this flock while walking the arroyo burro creek trail near Hidden Valley Park. Happy Birding!

-Jake Broad