From: Joan E. Lentz [mailto:jelentz@...]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 4:24 PM
To: SB Co Bird
Subject: [sbcobirding] juv. Least Bittern

Hi! This morning in a quick tour around Stow House & Lake Los Carneros, I
had lots of western migrant warblers (Yellow, Wilson's mostly, a
Black-throated Gray), and several Western Tanagers in the lerped eucs. by
the parking lot. On the south side of the footbridge at the lake, a young
Least Bittern was hiding in the reeds. It was calling a lot "yak-yak-yak"
& I had good views.
Great-tailed Grackles w/ young were at the southeast end, but did
not
notice any Ross's Geese around.
Good birding, Joan