Some Goleta birds from Saturday's CBC

Dave Compton

I assume the compilers will be posting a summary of the CBC, but here are some things I saw during the day:

Tennessee Wabler - in Tipuana tipu trees on the west side of David Love Place (runs north of Hollister near the airport), near a driveway just south of the intersection with Robert Keister Place.

Thayer's Gull - one among only a dozen or so gulls at the Marborg recycling facility at the north end of David Love Place.

Black-and-White Warbler - Tecolotito Creek, seen in three different places between US 101 and Los Carneros (from just south of where Cortona dead ends upstream to where the creek parallels 101 and the railroad).

Cinnamon Teal X Northern Shoveler - returning male in Area K, first seen earlier in the day by Bruce and Kelly Hazen from Bend, Oregon.

Blue-winged Teal - This species used to be rare on our count, but I saw 10 total on SB Airport property yesterday, including 9 in the big tidal Basin A, which is the one that one visible from Ward Memorial Blvd as you approach UCSB. I gather more were at Goleta sewage.