Pelagic Birding Opportunities coming up soon!

Joel Barrett

Hi all,

Island Packers has a wide variety of Pelagic trips coming up this year and some start as early as next week!

The first trips we have lined up are a series of Island Wildlife Cruises that will have one or more experienced pelagic bird guides on board. They will be on board to help fellow birders spot and identify pelagic species in the SB Channel and around Anacapa Island. This is a major asset to any birder wishing to work on his or her pelagic ID skills. I'm very excited about these trips and hope visiting birders and our local birders take advantage of these opportunities to learn from some of the best pelagic birders around.

Prices: $34 seniors $38 adults

The dates for these trips are:

Departing Oxnard at 1:30 PM--Jan 22nd
Departing Ventura at 9:30 AM--Jan 25th and 28th
Departing Ventura at 1:30 PM--Jan 27thFeb 4th,

The next dedicated birding trip Island Packers is offering is on Feb 25th. This is our 3rd annual Island Scrub-Jay Pelagic trip. We have had great success in past  years finding a variety of pelagic species in the SB Channel and the Island Scrub-Jay on Santa Cruz Island.

This is a 9 hr trip priced at $80.

The trip departs from the Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard aboard the Vanguard, and is specifically dedicated to birders so we plan on slowing for great looks at those otherwise hard to see birds.

After that we have two trips later in the year with more details to follow so save these dates on your calendars!

Dedicated 12hr trip July 16th

& 11 hr trip October 7th

*For more information you can get the details from my personal website and more specifically the blog and trip sections of the site:

www.thesaltybird.com

trips can be booked at

www.islandpackers.com

or by calling 805 642-1392

I'm looking forward to this years line up,

Joel Barrett
Port Hueneme, Ca
Island Packers
Ventura, Ca