Re: "American" Oystercatcher Report

Dave Compton

I agree that, based on these photos, this bird would likely fall into the hybrid category. Still a rare find for our mainland coast.

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 6:10 AM Jamie Chavez almiyi@... [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply@...> wrote:

For those who don't receive the eBird Rare Bird Alert, yesterday an "American Oystercatcher" was reportedly seen on the rocks below the Carpinteria Bluffs Trail near the Tar Pit Pak parking lot. The photos aren't clear enough to use the Jehl scale completely, but I see a lot of black on the bird in the checklist photo which makes me think hybrid. I wanted to pass this along in case someone wanted to look for it and try to obtain better photos.

--
Jamie M. Chavez
Santa Maria, CA