Re: Mountain Plover

John Callender

The Mountain Plover is on the Carpinteria beach right now (8:07 a.m. Friday) about 100 yards east of the mouth of Carpinteria Creek.

John Callender

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:13 PM John Bailey johngregorybailey@... [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply@...> wrote:

Saw Mountain Plover on Carpinteria Beach—100 yards west of Ash Avenue—at high water line at 6:00 PM Thursday. Stayed with bird for an hour. The bird braved a great many dogs running free and a great many humans doing same, all but for one jogger decked out in red. Our bird took flight, turning in somewhere near Carp Creek. Walking east, in the direction of Carp Creek, I sighted and 8-pack of BB Plovers and a 5-pack of Killdeer . . . but no M Plover.

John Bailey