Orchard Oriole continues at Santa Monica Creek

John Callender

I hadn’t noticed any eBird reports of the adult male Orchard Oriole in the Cape Honeysuckle among Santa Monica Creek in Carpinteria since November 11, and in several attempts since then I’d failed to find him. So I was excited when I heard a few “chuck” notes coming from the hedge this afternoon, and sure enough; there he was. :-)

eBird list (but no photos) here:

Also of interest, earlier today I got a bad digiscoped photo of a Eurasian-race Green-winged Teal in the Franklin Creek channel north of the footbridge in the Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park: