Andree Clark Bird Refuge, American White Pelican et. al.

Dika Golovatchoff

The last few mornings I have been going out to the bird refuge where the American White Pelican, Great Egrets, Black-necked Stilts, etc., have been putting on quite a show in rather unusual lighting conditions.  Each morning the pelican stands in knee deep water preening for a while, swims a bit, then flies off and comes back to the same spot.

I put up a variety of images on my Flickr site for those who do not want to submit themselves to the poor air quality.  Enjoy!