Common Goldeneye in the Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park

John Callender

A female Common Goldeneye has been hanging around in the basin along Ash Avenue at the Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park. Some (low-quality digiscoped) photos from yesterday are in the eBird list below:

I'm also curious about a couple of teals that I photographed there. One (with a red eye) I want to make into a non-breeding-plumage male Cinnamon Teal; the other might be a female Cinnamon? I'm very much less certain on the second bird, though. Lots of Blue-winged and Green-winged (including the continuing/returning Eurasian-race Green-winged male) were in the same basin.

John Callender