Re: eBird report of an Eastern Phoebe at Hidden Valley Park

John Callender

It took about 30 minutes of looking, but I found it at about 1:15 p.m.

Good views through binoculars from 30 feet. Dark face, light below with dusky sides, buffy wingbars. Constant tail-pumping.

The spot where I saw it was reached by walking north from the trailhead at the south end of Hidden Valley Park, along the path on the east side of the creek. 75 feet past the first big spreading sycamore, the bird was perched on the east side of the trail in an overgrown tangle where the trail makes a curve to the west. After several minutes I lost it as it flew north along the creek.

John

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 10:58 AM John Callender <callender.john@...> wrote:
There's a report of an Eastern Phoebe by David Kisner in this eBird list:

I might be able to stop by there later today, but I assume the Santa Barbara crowd will be there ahead of me. :-)

John