Re: Possible continuing Pacific Wren at Bates Road

John Callender

I went back today and got a good look at the bird as it was hopping around, calling, on top of a layer of fallen sycamore leaves. It was on the north (Santa Barbara County) side of the creek, just east of the north end of the bridge.

John Callender

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 3:02 PM, John Callender <callender.john@...> wrote:
I tried for the continuing Pacific Wren at Bates Road (on the border between Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties) today at lunchtime. I got a very brief naked-eye glimpse of a small, dark bird flitting through the underbrush on the Santa Barbara side of the creek. The view wasn't enough to ID it, but the recording I made of it calling seems like a good match for Pacific Wren based on the examples at:

https://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Troglodytes-pacificus.

The audio I recorded is attached to a "passerine sp." listing in this eBird checklist:

I plan to try again over the next few days; I'll follow up if I get confirmation.

John Callender