Little Blue Heron

Jake Broad

About 20 minutes ago the little blue heron was giving extraordinary looks in the Goleta slough on the WEST side of the bridge you drive over when entering the park (turn right after crossing the bridge and park across from the playground). I tried to send an email at the time but realize now I was logged into my wrong email account for this group. It could easily be seen from the bridge and observation deck that is across from the playground. I’ve ran into quite a few people searching for this bird so I wanted to get the word out of this location because it has mostly been seen on the east side of the beach and parking lots. This was the third time I’ve seen it but by far the closest best looks I’ve had. Good luck!

-Jake
Goleta