Re: Influx of BULLOCK'S ORIOLES on the Southside of Lompoc

Dave Compton

Wow, that's almost identical to what I had here in Santa Barbara this morning: 17 Bullock's and a Hooded behind my place near Foothill and 154.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 9:28 AM, 'Paul Rosso' paul.gab.rosso@... [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply@...> wrote:

Sat Apr 7th 9am, a large influx of Bullock’s Orioles dropped out of the sky onto a barren Walnut Tree just to the north of our property and east of the old Mission LaPurisima site. We counted about 15 males and females. There was one female Hooded Oriole with them. Just looked out the window at the right time. We have had one or two here but never this many in the forty-six years we lived on Santa Clara Drive on the southside of Lompoc.  Unfortunately, they dispersed in about 10 minutes.

Paul & Rita Rosso

Lompoc, CA