Solitary Sandpiper at Sedgwick Reserve this morning

John Callender

On the guided birding tour led by Guy Tingos at Sedgwick Reserve this morning we had great views of a Solitary Sandpiper. The bird landed in the muddy edge of the pond and foraged for 10 minutes or so before flying north. Some digiscoped photos are in the following eBird list:

The tour was super fun; I'd never visited Sedgwick before and am looking forward to visiting again. Besides the Solitary Sandpiper, other highlights included a continuing pair of Lewis's Woodpeckers, Chipping Sparrow, and nice views of Lawrence's Goldfinch.

John Callender