Fulvous Whistling Duck, Lake Los Carneros, April 17

Glenn Kincaid

The Fulvous Whistling Duck was still present this morning at Lake Los Carneros. (Thanks to all who encouraged the bird to stay until my return)

Behavior was consistent with previous reports. When I arrived it was on the E end of the dam associating with Mallards. It flew over the fence and joined the Mallards grazing on the grass. When a woman arrived to feed the ducks the Mallards approached her, and the Fulvous Duck fled to the eastern end of the lake.

Glenn Kincaid