Re: Scaup at Devereux

Dave Compton

Glenn - I believe a male Greater Scaup has been present there all month, with other recent reports besides Tom's (to eBird, not SB Co Birding). I assume this is one of the two male Greaters in the area over the winter. There was a report from Devereux of Lesser and Greater/Lesser a week ago. But reports since then mention only Greater.

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM, Glenn Kincaid <glenn@...> wrote:
This morning there was a single Scaup at Devereux (seen from 1st pullout).  To me it appeared to be a greater, based primarily on bill size/shape and relatively large nail on the bill.  I see Tom Turner had the same ID on a bird he saw there yesterday.  As I find this to be a tricky ID, it would not hurt my feelings if others had a look and offered opinions.

Glenn Kincaid