Birabent Canyon, 2018-04-23

Wim van Dam

This Monday I checked out Birabent Canyon to see how spring was doing. It was warm and busy with hikers, but nevertheless enjoyable.

Breeding-wise the following birds were of note: the local pair of COMMON RAVEN, a pair of VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW, several RUFOUS-CROWNED SPARROW, a pair+ of CANYON WREN, and a HAIRY WOODPECKER nest. As expected, singing/nesting HOUSE WREN were everywhere.

Otherwise, I got a brief look of a CATHARUS Sp, a NASHVILLE WARBLER, BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER, and a few WILSON'S WARBLER.

The tally of butterflies that I managed at the same time can be read here:

Wim van Dam
Solvang, CA
---
SBCO #376+2: Pine Warbler