Is there any organized Santa Barbara County effort for eBird's Global Big Day?

John Callender

I see that eBird has started displaying results for their "Global Big Day" for the parts of the world where it already Saturday, May 5:

https://ebird.org/globalbigday?yr=BIGDAY_2018a

That made me wonder if there are many Santa Barbara County birders who are planning to participate tomorrow, and if so, if it would be worth trying to maximize the county's species total.

Realizing that it's kind of a silly thing to be competitive about, I'm nevertheless planning to try to help by looking for some Carp-vicinity birds that are less likely to be turned up elsewhere (Yellow-crowned Night Heron, Orchard Oriole, Pacific Wren, and Palm Warbler are the ones I was thinking of).

Hope everyone has a fun day of birding!

John Callender
Carpinteria