Re: LLC Least Bittern, Refugio

Glenn Kincaid

Very similar scenario this morning, with a quiet bird landing near 34.4421536,-119.8496091
Perched on waters edge until I departed.

Glenn Kincaid
Santa Barbara

On May 27, 2018, at 10:39 PM, Conor Scotland <scotland.conor@...> wrote:

After a couple failed attempts to find the Least Bittern at LLC last month, I found it today from the north side of the lake (my location approximately here: 34.44321, -119.84910). Just before the trail drops down into the Eucs near the lake, there is a little spur trail from the end of which you can look over the lake. After scanning from there for about 5 minutes, the bird flew from east to west and landed in open view in the tules on the west side of the lake. It was vocalizing the whole time it was in view, about 10 minutes total.

Some fuzzy photos and more info on where I saw it here:

This afternoon at Refugio, we were not able to hear or see Nick L's Hooded Warbler. Lots of birds though, including a Hermit Warbler, which the reference material tells me is somewhat late at this date.

Conor Scotland