Carpinteria Christmas bird count: Saturday, December 15, 2018?

John Callender

I'm not sure if this is considered off-topic for the list; my apologies if it is.

I'm going to be organizing this year's Carpinteria Christmas count, and people have started inquiring about when it will be held. My initial thought is to make it the first Saturday in the count window, which this year falls on Saturday, December 15, 2018.

Before I make that official, though, I wanted to put out the word about it. If there are other local counts people know of that will be on that date, or if you're an experienced birdwatcher who might otherwise participate but you have a conflict on that date, please let me know. Otherwise I'll make it official at some point over the next month or so.

Thanks!

John Callender
Carpinteria