Ocean Beach Park - Sunday AM

Nick Lethaby

All,

I checked Ocean Beach very early. I was not able to scan the island because of unfavorable light so missed the egret found by Dave. The two Black Terns were still present, either roosting on the sand berm or fishing up river with at least 35 Least Terns. Shorebird migration was very light with a Baird's Sandpiper and a Lesser Yellowlegs being best. There are good numbers of both phalaropes using the ponds by the road now.

Water levels do not seem to be dropping very fast and, in fact, might even be rising. So not sure if we will get decent habitat later on. The upcoming hot weather will hopefully help.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200