Goleta Beach

Dave Compton

The Reddish Egret and Yellow-crowned Night-Heron were both present in the latter part of the morning at Goleta Beach today, seen by various birders. The egret was in the channel adjacent to the eastern parking lot, while the night heron was visible roosting in myporum east of the entrance bridge. If anyone saw the Little Blue today, I did not hear about it.

Larry Ballard directed me to the beach just west of the park, where a nice total of five Wandering Tattlers were foraging in the surf and kelp beds. Nothing else of note at this location, but the modest overall number of shorebirds included a decent species variety.