Re: Philadelphia Vireo at Refugio Road

Dave Compton

Wim,

This bird appears to fit all criteria for Philly Vireo, to my eye. Obvious yellow on the breast is very good for Philly, and not for Warbling.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam@...> wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I think this is one of those annoyingly bright, late summer Warbling Vireos. Should a Philadelphia Vireo not have a brighter yellow throat?

I would love to be wrong as I need this bird.

Wim

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Thomas Turner <habarimbu@...> wrote:
Photos of the Philly Vireo are at the eat bird link below. Let me know if you think I am mistaken.

Earliest Fall record for the County, I think?

Goleta

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #377+3: Least Bittern