Re: Carpinteria Creek and beach this morning

John Callender

One correction: After seeing the photo posted by Peter Schneekloth of one of the Red Knots he saw at Devereaux, I realized that I misidentified the bird we saw yesterday associating with the Willets near the mouth of Carpinteria Creek. It was not a Wandering Tattler; it was a Red Knot. Green rather than yellow legs, foraging along the sandy beach, no tail-bobbing...

Apologies for the misidentification. My slow, sometimes painful, education process continues... :-)

John Callender
Carpinteria