Farren Road

Florence Sanchez

I walked up and down Farren Road this morning.  Nothing too unusual was found but there were lots of the "usual suspects" for this location.  Best birds were a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the Calif. pepper trees on the west side of the road just above the oak woodland, and a Roadrunner crossing the road on my way down that was also fairly near this location.  I heard a couple of Ground doves calling. There are waterfowl on the reservoir, but without aa scope I could only do a fair job of identifying some of them (Coots, Bufflehead, and possibly Pied-billed grebe).