Second snow goose

Jake Broad

Goleta SanitaryDistrict

I just went out for a walk on my afternoon break and came across a second possible snow goose. This one has some dark coloring on its head and near its eyes/bill I still believe it’s a snow goose but possible Ross’s. The first goose is still here as well and is a beautiful clean vibrant white. I got detailed images of both birds and can share later. I haven’t been able to really examine the photos since I’m working but I do believe both had the “grin” both appear to be the same size and the two seem to have no interest in one another. Both are brave birds that will allow you to approach to close distances.

-Jake
Goleta