Orioles at UC Santa Barbara Campus

Mark Holmgren

Following up on Wim's email suggestion from yesterday, I birded UCSB near Ellison Hall and Davidson Library.  Two orioles were seen together at the Chicano Studies building (Bldg 406), which is shown on the aerial photo in this eBird checklist.
One was a 1st year male Bullock's Oriole (photos in checklist).  The other oriole was briefly seen and I heard no vocalizations, but the body was small and the bill was short. It was either Hooded or Orchard oriole.  The back was rather green, I did not see the front well.  The small body size makes me suspect it was an Orchard Oriole.
No other birds of interest were detected.

Mark Holmgren