From: Wes Fritz <wes-fritz@...>
To: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33@...>
Cc: Glenn Kincaid <glenn@...>; John Deacon <iseekbirds@...>; sbcobirding@groups.io
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Ferruginous Hawk Telemetry

Hmmmmm, so they can tell us when it arrived here, where it’s been, when it leaves to head north and where it nests. Yeah, no reason to contact them.

Good birding.

Wes

On Dec 21, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33@...> wrote:

There’s probably no need to contact anybody. After all, it has a tracking unit on it.

Mark

On Dec 21, 2018, at 7:03 AM, Glenn Kincaid <glenn@...> wrote:

Hi John -

That definitely looks like a tracking unit.  Very cool.  I do no know who one would contact to find out more about it.

Glenn Kincaid
Santa Barbara.

On Dec 21, 2018, at 6:46 AM, John Deacon <iseekbirds@...> wrote:

All:

At Mitchell Road yesterday, I took numerous photos of the two Ferruginous Hawks that are frequenting the area.  Can anyone that is familiar with radio telemetry tell me if, by looking at this photo, if this bird is equipped with a tracking unit?  This "string" over his back was observable in almost all the pics.  Thanks

John Deacon
<FEHA Mitchell Road 12-20-18 Radio Telemetered.jpg>