ID help - Costa’s Hummingbird or?

Alexandra Loos

This hummingbird arrived in my yard in Santa Barbara on October 1st 2018, took ownership of one of the nectar feeders and sat in a nearby tree. I noticed a wound on its left wing most likely preventing from continuing its migration. The wound was very swollen for the first couple of days and I thought this little fellow was not going to make it, but it used its beak to clean the wound and survived.

This friendly bird is still in my yard as of this morning, I believe it’s a Costa’s, but please help confirm ID:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adornature/albums/72157701811777242

Many thanks,

Alex

Alexandra Loos