Long-eared Owl

Jim Long

Found fairly easily late this morning by myself and 3 other birders thanks to the information given in the News Press.  Evidently my earlier post " ruffled a few feathers " .  I didn't realize that your having it on the front page of the News Press with a plethora of telling details was in line with keeping it a secret.  Additionally no less than 4 different posts  regarding  Burrowing, Short-eared and Northern Pygmy were listed timely with precise locations within the last month.  The Short-eared and Northern Pygmy  are nocturnal just like the Long-eared. Notable that they were all posted by names listed today that should know better than I what's acceptable.  Wes, rest assured we were very stealthy and one is still there for you.  Also those coords were not misleading to keep a secret, they are just the generic location by Google for LLC.  So now that I'm aware of the rules regardless of all your contradictions any birder with Iphone will not be privy to my Garmin GPS readings

Jim Long