Status of Figueroa Mountain Road?

Florence Sanchez

Does anyone know about conditions on Figueroa Mountain Road?  There are often rock slides after rains like we had last week and the strong winds may have brought down some trees on the road.  The Forest Service office in SB is closed, so I am not able to get information from that source.

It doesn't show up on the list of SB Country road closures, but then again, it might not since it's in the National Forest.

I'd like to go up there Thurs. or Friday, but I don't want to get into conditions like the last time I went where I had to back uphill for a quarter of a mile after meeting an obstacle.

Please reply directly to me.

Thanks,