[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Sandhill Crane (1 report)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (2 reports)
- White-headed Woodpecker (1 report)
- Lucy's Warbler (1 report)

Sandhill Crane (Antigone canadensis) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 11:33 by David Compton
- Black Rd north of Betteravia, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9305803,-120.4901161&ll=34.9305803,-120.4901161
- Comments: "Continuing in field east of the flooded pasture. Tall, long-legged bird with large wing coverts drooping over flight feathers; overall gray with paler face and darker fore-crown down to eye. (My description originally said "red fore-crown," as it appeared that way from a distance. Good, more up close photos of this bird show it is not red n the fore crown. Not sure if it could be molting to red since these photos were taken, or if I just assumed it was red.) Bill a little shorter than that of nearby Great Egret, but less pointed and tapering."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 07:59 by Tommy Goodwin
- Happy Canyon Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6204067,-120.0126958&ll=34.6204067,-120.0126958
- Comments: "Sapsucker with no red on chest and red stripes around head. Vertical white line on side of bird. Did not photograph because I didn't think it was rare. Differentiated from YBSS by range and breast."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 07:59 by Jessie Goodwin
- Happy Canyon Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6204067,-120.0126958&ll=34.6204067,-120.0126958
- Comments: "Sapsucker with no red on chest and red stripes around head. Vertical white line on side of bird. Did not photograph because I didn't think it was rare. Differentiated from YBSS by range and breast."

White-headed Woodpecker (Dryobates albolarvatus) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 11:00 by Peter Gaede
- Richardson Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.946546,-119.6853054&ll=34.946546,-119.6853054
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing male; photos."

Lucy's Warbler (Oreothlypis luciae) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 09:49 by David Compton
- US-CA-Santa Barbara-222 Pesetas Ln, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.443102,-119.758168&ll=34.443102,-119.758168
- Comments: "Continuing. description to come. In tipu trees in the CenCal lot, just northeast and east of the office building."