Re: My Scope for Sale

Paul Keller

SBAS contacted me and has accepted my offer so my scope setup is no longer for sale.

On Feb 11, 2019, at 12:00, Paul Keller via Groups.Io <496psk=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I’m thinking of upgrading my scope setup but before I put my current setup on eBay I’ll tender it to all you sbcobirders.

Bty, If any of you know of a conservation charity that could use this setup, let me know. (Last week I offered to donate it to SBAS but haven’t heard back,)

Here are the particulars:

Kowa Prominar tsn-4 fluorite lens straight-thru spotting scope
TE-9Z 20-60X eyepiece
Manfrotto 3211 aluminum tripod + Bogen 3126 screw-on head
custom cloth carrying case
glass solar-viewing filter that fits this 77mm scope
The original 20-60X eyepiece and 25X long eye-relief eyepiece included.

Condition is Used. Objective lens cap cracked yet still works. This model is not waterproof.
This setup is plenty tall enough for me and I'm over 5' 10”.
The TE-9Z eyepiece, that Kowa sells for $450, yields significantly better resolution at higher powers than the original.

For now i’m asking $900.

Paul Keller
Vandenberg Village
805-291-0277