[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Sandhill Crane (1 report)
- Lesser Yellowlegs (1 report)
- White-headed Woodpecker (2 reports)
- Ovenbird (1 report)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (1 report)

Sandhill Crane (Antigone canadensis) (1)
- Reported Feb 12, 2019 11:06 by Mark Holmgren
- Flooded Field, Black Rd (34.9319 -120.4899), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.931867,-120.489943&ll=34.931867,-120.489943
- Comments: "Continuing"

Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa flavipes) (1)
- Reported Feb 12, 2019 12:46 by Mark Holmgren
- Santa Maria WTP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9487269,-120.4915452&ll=34.9487269,-120.4915452
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Sometimes seen here at the SM WTP in winter, but otherwise unusual in winter."

White-headed Woodpecker (Dryobates albolarvatus) (1)
- Reported Feb 12, 2019 14:51 by Grace Romero
- Richardson Community Park, New Cuyama US-CA (34.9454,-119.6839), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9454,-119.683866&ll=34.9454,-119.683866
- Comments: "Male. White head with red patch. White wing patches. "

White-headed Woodpecker (Dryobates albolarvatus) (1)
- Reported Feb 12, 2019 13:15 by margeNdon thornton
- Richardson Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.946546,-119.6853054&ll=34.946546,-119.6853054
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "In a tree between the football field and the footbridge. The group of woodpeckers clearly seem to associate, in that they were in and out of the same tree, but did not appear to interact ."

Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) (1)
- Reported Feb 10, 2019 09:51 by Dave Ward
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "Saw this guy hanging with a hermit thrush. I thought it was a variation but my research lead me to an Oven Bird. "

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Feb 12, 2019 12:46 by Mark Holmgren
- Santa Maria WTP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9487269,-120.4915452&ll=34.9487269,-120.4915452
- Comments: "Continuing since at least yesterday. Wes says there are 2 PaWa here. Probably the same individual as seen yesterday but. Today I noticed faint gray streaking on the gray-brown breast, whitish supercilium, bold yellow undertail coverts. No wingbars. Flitting along the southern fence again as yesterday."