Re: Lesser Black-backed Gull

Dave Compton

Hi folks,

I stayed at the beach until about 4:10, to no avail. The tide was coming in about then, although it wasn’t particularly affecting gull numbers. I suppose high tide is not good, but I’m not sure what the tide was like when the bird was around the other day. The tide apparently was on the low side when the bird was seen today.

About 150 gulls were present most of the two hours plus I was there. Numbers probably never were higher than about 170.

I spoke with Wes Fritz by phone as I was leaving, and he had spent some time hitting gull spots around Lompoc, with no luck.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 2:15 PM Dave Compton via Groups.Io <davcompton60=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
The gull is currently NOT being seen. 2:15pm.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 1:03 PM Ken Hollinga <hollinga@...> wrote:
Brad Hines reports seeing the LBB Gull at the Ocean Park river mouth at 12:20 PM today.

Serving as the messenger.

Ken Hollinga, Lompoc