Re: LBBG

Dave Compton

Hi Noah,

No, the bird seen on Black Road last week was a 1st cycle individual, and the one at SYRE (Ocean Park) is an adult.

As for where the SYRE bird goes when it isn't there, several have looked for it at locations around Lompoc. There is a landfill just southwest of town, but as far as I know you can't see into it from the outside. But someone from Lompoc might know better than I do.

Yesterday, the SYRE bird left the estuary flying south along the beach, toward Surf Beach.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 3:55 PM Noah Arthur via Groups.Io <semirelicta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is this the same LBBG that was on Black Rd. a week or two ago? Seems like it’s s troublesome bird that a lot of people are missing... Is there a landfill somewhere in the area it might be going to? If so, could be a good idea to check any gull flocks nearer the landfill. Landfill gulls tend to have predictable activity patterns, foraging during the day and going to loaf somewhere in the evening; if its regular evening loaf spot could be found, it might be a much easier bird...

Noah

On Sunday, February 17, 2019, 5:00:20 PM CST, Bradley Hacker <hacker@...> wrote:

Various people, principally John C, watched the gulls at Ocean Beach from 7 AM to 2 PM today. LBBG was not seen.

Snow geese and Sandhill Crane continue on Black Road

Bradley R. Hacker
Goleta

--
Good birding,