Re: Cackling Goose at Andre Clark Bird Refuge?

Ria Marsh

That goose has been at ACBR for at least a month, maybe longer.
Ria Marsh
East Beach

On Feb 20, 2019, at 1:00 PM, Tom Riederer <bikertom@...> wrote:

2/20/2019
I believe there's a Cackling Goose (minima, no white neck ring) at the ACBR.    I've seen him several times while driving on Cabrillo Blvd.  He's been there over a week and hangs out in the grass right along the bike path across from the Clark Estate.
He's just slightly bigger than a mallard, and hangs out with the local coots.  He was there this morning.

I'll defer positive ID to someone with more experience, and hopefully a better camera.

Tom Riederer
Santa Barbara CA