Re: American White Pelican

Dave Compton

At least 4 today seen from Ward Memorial Blvd, in the Atascadero Creek Channel near the confluence with San Pedro Creek. I assume this is the general area where Steve saw his 7, yesterday.

Around Goleta, I didn't find a lot of gulls today, from checking Goleta Beach, Devereux, and North Campus Open Space. Duck numbers at Goleta Slough--Basin K, Basin L/M, Basin A (viewed from the east campus entrance)--were surprisingly low. Or, maybe not surprising, considering how much habitat there must be now for the ducks to spread out in. No sign of the "Eurasian" Green-winged Teal.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019 at 11:38 AM Steven Gaulin <gaulin@...> wrote:
Following up on Peter's recent post, it's probably not surprising that 7 American White Pelican's were visible from the viewing platform at Goleta Slough about 5:00 PM yesterday, March 1.

Good birding, everyone,
Steven Gaulin